Who Can Join A Credit Union?
The answer to the question above depends upon a number of factors. More specifically, it depends upon the credit union that you wish to join. There are some credit unions that anyone can join; other credit unions have requirements that must be met before joining.
Am I Eligible to Become a Member at United Texas CU?
Many people are pleasantly surprised to learn that they are eligible for membership at United Texas Credit Union in Fort Worth. UTXCU is a credit union that anyone can join if the following conditions are met:
- Anyone who lives, works, or worships in Tarrant County, Texas
- Persons who live, work, worship, or attend school, and businesses and other legal entities located in Bexar and Kendall Counties, Texas, and that portion of Comal County, Texas that lies west of U.S. Highway 281
- Members of record of this credit union as of April 14, 2005, the effective date of its conversion to a community charter
- Anyone who works for, or has an immediate family member who works for the U.S. Postal Service while living in the following zip codes: 76000-76499, 76800-76999, and 79500-79699
- Members of NARCUP (National Association for Retired Credit Union People)
- Persons who are members of Friends of Consumer Freedom living in Tarrant, Denton, or Johnson Counties, Texas
- Employees of companies located in Wichita, Clay, Archer, Baylor or Wilbarger Counties
- Persons who live, work, worship or attend school within a 10-mile radius of FCACU to include the following zip codes: 76006, 76012, 76013, 76016, 76021, 76022, 76034, 76039, 76040, 76051, 76052, 76053, 76054, 76092, 76101, 76102, 76103, 76104, 76105, 76106, 76107, 76108, 76109, 76110, 76111, 76112, 76114, 76115, 76116, 76117, 76118, 76119, 76120, 76127, 76131, 76135, 76137, 76148, 76178, 76179, 76180, 76248
- Anyone who works for, or has an immediate family member who works for the following Select Employer Groups
- Recipients of Social Security Benefits in any of the above named counties, excluding, Bexar, Kendall and Comal Counties
- Members of record of the South Texas Healthcare Federal Credit Union (Charter No. 13172) as of December 31, 2006, the effective date of its merger with this credit union
- Spouses of persons who died while within the Field of Membership of this credit union
- Employees of the credit union
- Volunteers for United Texas Credit Union
- Members of the immediate family or household of people within the field of membership, and
- Organizations of such persons.
Note: Active members who leave our field of membership may continue to be members. If you terminate your membership, you must qualify via one of the above requirements to re-establish your relationship.
Become a Member of United Texas CU
If you’re eligible, become a member today and enjoy the benefits of being a part of the United Texas Credit Union community!