Apply for a Ed Duris Scholarship
The application period will begin November 1, 2020 and run through January 31, 2021. Scholarship awards will be presented each year at the credit union’s Annual Meeting. The program is aimed at presenting two $500 scholarships each year to qualified, graduating high school seniors. All applications must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2021.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must have their own First Class American Credit Union account, be in good standing at FCACU and parent or legal guardian must be in good standing at FCACU. A minimum 180 calendar days of FCACU membership is required prior to date of application.
- Applicant must maintain a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in high school course work. High school transcripts through the fall semester of the application year will be required with application.
- Applicant must plan on attending an accredited 4-year college or university, 2 year community college, trade or vocational school.
- Applicant will be judged based on, but not limited to, weighted average of the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Class rank (as of the end of the fall semester)
- SAT/ACT scores
- Community involvement
- Three letters of recommendation
- An essay (500 words or less) titled “The history of credit unions, how they differ from banks and how they help in the financial security of their members.”
*FCACU employees, officials and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply for the scholarship program.