Get a guaranteed return on your investment without risk with a First Class American Credit Union certificate of deposit. How does a certificate of deposit work? Read on to learn how this investment can help you make money.
How Does a Certificate of Deposit Work?
A certificate of deposit, also called a CD, allows members to invest money for a specific time period. Members decide on the best certificates of deposit for their needs based on when they need the money. In return, the credit union guarantees you a specific interest rate, which varies based on the deposit amount and the time period. At the end of the CD term you receive the original deposit plus interest.
Important notes about FCACU certificates of deposit:
- Your CD rate will not change, even if federal interest rates change.
- No withdrawals or deposits are allowed. (Withdrawal penalties of between 1 and 3 percent apply.)
- Certificate of deposit accounts are automatically renewed unless we receive notice from you.
Benefits of a Certificate of Deposit Account with FCACU
Our CDs are a great investment option for members who desire a higher fixed rate of return but don’t want any risk. CDs are best for those of our members who don’t need the money in the near future and they allow members to hedge their money against fluctuating interest rates by locking them in for longer periods.
Other features of our certificates of deposit are:
- Open a certificate account with as little as $1,000.
- Deposit $50,000 or more and earn even higher dividends.
- Dividends are paid monthly and can be added to the principal balance of your certificate or transferred to another account.
- We offer some of the most competitive rates available.
- Certificate accounts are available in 6 month, 12 month, 18 month, 2 year, 30 month, 3 year and 4 year durations.
- 30 Month Certificate “Bump-Up” option. (See our rates page for details).
- Click Here for our current Certificate of Deposit Account Promotion.
Make your money work for you! Contact First Class American Credit Union today to find out why we offer the best certificates of deposit (CDs) accounts.